Tel Aviv Gay Vibe team invite you to discover the stories behind the first Hebrew city while getting to know gay life in modern Tel Aviv. The history of Tel Aviv and the history of the gay community are inseparably linked.
Join us for this tour starting at shalom tower and ending at Gan Meir (Meir Park), named after the city's first Mayor, Meir Dizengoff. The park is also the location of the city's GLBT Community Center.
Here are some of the tour sites
- Founders Monument - A memorial to the city's founders, built in 1909
- Independence Hall - Where the State of Israel was declared.
- Rothschild Boulevard - The main thoroughfare of the "White City".
- "Pazy House" - The house of The AGUDA – Israel national LGBT task force.
- Shanking Garden - A bustling, must-see shopping & cruising street, where Tel Aviv's first gay pride event happened.
The tour lasts approximately two and a half hours.
To book a tour please send an email to: Shai@glbt.org.il
Price: 60 NIS per person